Menu

Introduce myself. Opened to new opportunities

• Sunday, July 09, 2023 10:21 PM
    Message # 13225644

Dear colleagues,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am from Ukraine and I am new to Canada, having arrived just three months ago. In Ukraine, I had a successful career at the Institute for Nuclear Research, where I completed my Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctoral degrees. My educational background includes a B.A. in Equipment and Systems of Non-Destructive Testing (with honors - 2003), B.A. in Computer Science (2004), M.A. in Instrumentation Engineering (with honors - 2005), Ph.D. in Engineering (2012), and Doctor of Engineering Sciences (2021). My doctoral research focused on utilizing ionized irradiation in radiation technologies, with a major emphasis on Nuclear Physics, Atomic Particles, and High-Energy Physics. Throughout my career, I progressed from an engineer to the Head of the Radiation Technology Department, a position I held since 2013. I have accumulated 22 years of experience in the field of nuclear and radiation science.

However, after the outbreak of war in Ukraine in 2022, my family and I faced an uncertain and unsafe situation. To ensure the well-being of my 13-year-old daughter and with my husband serving on the frontlines, we made the difficult decision to seek refuge in Canada. We arrived in Canada on March 27 and have been staying with a Canadian family in Bowmanville. Since our arrival, I have been actively applying for numerous jobs within the nuclear/radiation industry but have faced challenges in securing employment. In the meantime, I have taken on two part-time jobs at a grocery store and a local hotel to support my daughter and myself. While these roles are not aligned with my career aspirations, I am willing to work diligently and remain determined to succeed. My ultimate goal is to restart my career in the nuclear/radiation industry, even if it means starting at an entry-level position. I am seeking guidance and assistance in getting my foot in the door.

In Ukraine, I had the opportunity to manage a department of over 20 employees and develop innovative methodologies and technologies for various industries, including food, medicine, road construction, and building construction. I have also presented technical and scientific materials at international conferences, meetings, and seminars. Additionally, I possess experience in financial and scientific reporting, as well as sourcing and purchasing machinery, equipment, and materials for scientific projects. As a former project leader, I successfully interacted with colleagues and partners, negotiated agreements, and maintained professional relationships. I have managed budgets, expenses, inventory, and work hours, ensuring high-quality outcomes. Taking full responsibility for the success of my team, I consistently delivered projects on time. I possess strong project management and problem-solving skills, along with excellent stakeholder engagement abilities, organizational skills, and time management capabilities. I am adept at multitasking and meeting deadlines. Furthermore, I have taught mathematics and physics to children during my free time, both as a college teacher and a tutor for secondary school students. I am always willing to assist my colleagues in problem-solving and readily take on new tasks. I am resilient to stress and can effectively work in multitasking environments.

Please find my resume attached, which provides further details about my education, skills, and experience. I would greatly appreciate  to discuss a new opportunity for me. I can be reached by phone at 365-662-2041 or via email at sungel@i.ua. I hope somebody can help me. Thank you for reading my topic.

With best wishes and great hope,

Tetiana Kovalinska

1 file

Women in Nuclear Canada

1 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 705 Toronto, ON M4P 3A1

(416) 915-3020 canada@womeninnuclear.org

https://womeninnuclear.com

© 2020 Women in Nuclear Canada. All Rights Reserved.